Thursday 4 July 2013

Thought for the Week Sixth Sunday after Trinity Teddy Bears Picnic

Wherever I am, there's always Pooh,
There's always Pooh and Me.
Whatever I do, he wants to do,
"Where are you going today?" says Pooh...
"Well, that's very odd 'cos I was too.
"Let's go together," says Pooh, says he.
"Let's go together," says Pooh.
So wherever I am, there's always Pooh,
There's always Pooh and Me.
"What would I do?" I said to Pooh,
"If it wasn't for you," and Pooh said... "True,
It isn't much fun for One, but Two
Can stick together," says Pooh, says he.
"That's how it is," says Pooh.
from Now We Are Six
by A.A. Milne (1882-1956)

Teddy bears are a part of life. People grow up but they nearly always seem to keep a friend with them. I talked to my Dad about this and he told me that he had just talked to a young girl next door to him. She was dress in black in a Goth style. Her boyfriend looked the same. But to complement his tough character he carried a rag tag torn bear with much of its stuffing missing. It goes everywhere with me he said.
My sons have reached maturity but somewhere nearby is a teddy a reminder of the past and a friend to be with when you are all alone.
Perhaps God is like the teddy bear. Always near us watching what we do, not interfering but always there when we need a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment